PDF readers are an everyday element in our lives. Although web browsers mostly fulfill our basic pdf reading requirements, for additional functionality there is a need for pdf reader software. Some tasks including digital signature, annotations, form filling, etc. can be done only with a downloaded pdf reader on your computer. If you have ever thought of automation might kill job opportunities. Then, you would be glad to know that automation makes more jobs than we seem to imagine.
There are multiple options of pdf readers out there and some of them even cost a lot. But for your convenience, we have listed down the top 5 pdf readers available in the market that will fulfill most of your pdf viewing and editing needs. The top 5 free pdf readers are given below:
1. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (PDF readers):
The software company Adobe had initially pioneered the pdf and so it has also created a basic pdf reader that is the most common one in the market. It provides users with tools for downloading, converting, and editing pdf files.
- It is connected with the Adobe Acrobat Document Cloud that helps users to access the saved pdfs across tablets, computers, and mobile phones as well.
- Its file comparison tool will help you detect any difference present between 2 pdf files
- You can scan pages with your phone’s camera and convert any document into high quality pdfs
- Preview feature will show how your pdf will look like on different screen sizes
2. Foxit Reader (PDF readers):
This pdf reader is an all-inclusive pdf management app which goes further in terms of features than basic pdf viewing. Its easily accessible cloud based tools will help you create and personalize your pdfs across the different devices that you own.
- Users have the power to manage who can view your pdf, track who opens them, share them with your colleagues and notify your viewers of any updates that may be done on them
- Make your pdf look more professional by adding stamps, signatures, headers, footers, watermarks, etc.
- Merge 2 or more pdfs or split one pdf into new files.
- Change the entire layout of your document, rearrange columns, paragraphs, and page sequences
3. Sumatra PDF:
Sumatra pdf viewer can be installed and used on your computer for free. It provides an extremely intuitive and speedy reading experience for its users. However it lacks some advanced features which are present in other pdf readers like annotations, form filling and document signing. But if your requirements are basic, it is the right option for you.
- It is extremely lightweight and takes up only 5GB of space on your computer or phone, wherever you install it
- Many keyboard shortcuts can be utilized for improving your reading experience
- Apart from pdf, it also supports different file formats like EPUB, MOBI, FB2, CHM, XPS, and DjVu.
- It has various viewing modes which include single page, book, and presentations, along with shortcuts for an improved navigation experience
4. Nitro Reader:
This pdf reader is both easy to use and filled with advanced features at the same time. Users have access to different tools that help to create, review or share pdf files whenever they want. Personalize your pdfs with its advanced customization tools. Today’s business is all about the customer experience and the way they perceive the business in their eyes.
- Simply utilize its drag and drop interface by dragging files and dropping them on the reader, for viewing
- Its Quicksign feature allows users to place their electronic sign on the document directly and password protecting it.
- Secure your documents by making sure that the people who are viewing them have a digital certificate from you
- Design your pdf using various features including colors, orientation, and font embedding
5. Google Drive:
This is the most accessible pdf reader which you can utilize for converting and storing your pdfs. You can upload any number of pdfs on it as long as it doesn’t reach its 15 GB limit (if you are using the free plan like most of us do) and access them from any device of your convenience.
- This can be done without downloading any additional tool. If you have a Gmail account you have a free storage space of 15 GB on your drive as well.
- You can edit your pdfs and download them for printing
- It is the best option if you want to keep all your documents in separate folders that can be accessed from any device
- There is an option of connecting external Chrome apps to extend the functionality of Google Drive
So you will find the top 5 listed pdf readers that you can use for free. Now if you would ask which one among them is the best one, I would say all of them have different functionalities. It totally depends on your business needs and usage, which pdf reader would be best suited for you. If you have no problem installing the necessary software, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit, and Nitro would be the best ones. However, if you do not want to get into the hassle of installation, you can use Google drive or simply open it through your respective web browser.
Also, if you feel there are some other applications that can be inserted into this list, which would be better suited as a pdf reader. Thank you for reading the entire article with utmost patience. Please do leave a comment down below and share with us your views regarding the topic. It would be great to hear from you. Feel free to offer any suggestions that you want to share with us. We will be absolutely delighted to hear your suggestions and improve our content. If the return on investment is poor for the business. Then, it’s bad news. So, you can increase ROI using surveys.