Nowadays mobiles are packed with high MP cameras which are comparable to DSLRs. So your phone camera may be of high resolution but to make a video ready for publication, it needs to be edited with the help of some third-party application. So video editing apps are required, that can be downloaded from Google Playstore and the Apple store. More applications are springing up every day due to its increased demand. These make capturing and editing videos of high quality, a lot easier.
But if you are new to this, you may be confused about which one among these, is actually worth downloading. So to help you with the same we have formulated a list of the top 7 video editing apps and you can select the one which best suits your needs:
Video Editing App #1 : Adobe Premiere Rush
Adobe Premiere Rush is the most popular cross-platform video editing application that helps to create high-quality videos and share them on social media sites like YouTube, Instagram, etc. It is an easy-to-use tool and doesn’t require much knowledge in video-editing for handling it.
- Users can capture videos, crop the length, apply colour correction features, manage clip sequences, record voice-overs, etc
- Easily create travelogues, instruction videos or commentaries within a few minutes.
- Multiple export options for directly sharing your videos to social media platforms
Pricing: Starter plan at $9.99/month
Video Editing App #2 : InShot
InShot makes video editing and merging a lot easier even when it’s done with your phone. This video editing app’s interface is quite simple, user friendly, and feature-rich. Its free plan includes the “InShot” watermark which may be a problem for professional video creation. However, it is one of the most renowned, easy-to-use HD video creators among its competitors.
- It allows background music addition and it’s volume modulation
- Filters, voice-over, special effects can be added along with the basic features like cropping, changing clip sequence, etc.
- Emojis can be added on the videos and it can be flipped or rotated
Pricing: To remove adds and the “InShot” watermark, users need to pay $2.99
Video Editing App #3 : Power Director
Power Director is an all comprehensive, cross-platform video editing app that allows direct exporting to YouTube. Hence it is ideal for YouTube content creators. Watermarks are added on its free version and hence for professional video creation, users need to pay.
- Its timeline features allow users to arrange in sequence and edit the scenes of their choice
- Effects can be added to the video along with various filters
- Background music can be easily added along with voice-overs
Pricing: With $5, you can remove the watermark on your videos and export them in 1080p instead of 720p
Create surveys with #1 Free Survey Creator : Fynzo Survey
Video Editing App #4 : Movie Maker 10
Movie Maker 10 is an excellent video editing app for Windows users. It is ideal for people who want to learn the basics and is extremely beginner-friendly. The editing can be done in a matter of minutes.
- Users can add captions to the video and customize the color and font size of the text
- For editing and adding effects, the auto-preview tool can be used
- The Animation tab provides a shortcut for users to add a title, background music, and credits
Pricing: This software is completely free of cost.
Video Editing App #5 : GoPro App
GoPro application is available on Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS. This video editing mobile app has an easy-to-use interface and is quite feature-rich. Its Horizon Levelling Editor is its special feature that allows users to correct the angle of the original video (in cases when the video wasn’t in a straight angle with the horizon).
- Users can merge many clips together, include photos, titles, and background music
- There is an option of going through the clip frame by frame to find the best shot for the video cover.
- The sharing options are very convenient with direct exporting to social media sites and the option of sharing them through texts or emails
Pricing: Free of cost.
Video Editing App #6 : HitFilm Express
HitFilm Express app belongs to the advanced category in which users can do a lot more than simple video editing. Users would need to learn a lot to utilize this app to its fullest but the tutorials make the process easier. It helps users to create professional films with visual effects.
- The composite shot enhancement feature allows users to animate two separate clips together
- Audio mixer helps in the fine-tuning of music to give it a professional touch
- Multiple transition options which include zoom, dissolve, push, etc
Pricing: It’s free but it asks users to post on their social media site before they start using the application.
Video Editing App #7 : Quik
True to its name, Quik does allow users to record, edit, and post their videos on the same platform which makes the process a lot quicker. Users can go through the whole video frame-by-frame and select the best shot as the cover photo.
- This video editing app is famous for its AI (Artificial Intelligence) editing assistant
- Time-lapse sequences can be edited in a professional manner
- Users get free access to 100+ royalty songs on the app
Pricing: Basic plan is free. If users want to upgrade to the pro version, they initially get a free trial of 30 days. After which, they need to pay $4.99/month
Now you surely know the video editing apps which are most popular in the video editing arena. But how would you decide which one is the best match for you?
That totally depends on your requirements- whether it is for personal purposes, for brand endorsement, marketing reasons, etc. So go through the features of each application and find out the one that best suits these requirements. Go ahead with that. Since most of the apps come with a free trial, you can shift to another if the former doesn’t quite satisfy your needs.
Are there any more video editing apps which could be added to this list? Do let us know in the comments below!